Investment Banking & Private Equity Analyst
Introduction to ADC
American Discovery Capital (ADC) is a leading independent merchant banking firm based in Los Angeles.
- We provide M&A advisory and capital raising services to leading privately-held and publicly-traded middle-market companies across the country.
- We also make principal investments in leading family-owned and entrepreneur-led growth companies in the Application Software, Business/IT Services, FinTech, and Healthcare Services sectors through our private equity funds, American Discovery Capital Fund I and Fund II (currently being raised).
Our Partners bring decades of experience across multiple industries to our clients and portfolio companies, including as Global Heads of industry groups at bulge bracket investment banking firms (such as Moelis & Company, UBS, Merrill Lynch and DLJ); as private equity investors; and as C-level operating executives.
With over 400+ years of collective transaction experience, our Partners have led over $100 billion of M&A transactions and raised over $10 billion of growth capital. Since founding ADC five years ago, we have advised on over $6 billion of M&A volume and invested in six portfolio companies.
We offer competitive compensation, an opportunity to work in both investment banking and private equity, an exciting, fast-paced work environment, and direct exposure to our Senior Partners for your accelerated career development.
ADC is seeking a Financial Analyst in our Westwood Gateway, Los Angeles headquarters to support both our M&A and Private Equity businesses. As a Financial Analyst at ADC, you will prepare critical financial analysis while actively contributing to deal teams and assume significant responsibility for all aspects of transactional work.
We seek a certain type of Analyst for our firm, specifically those men and women who are self-confident; seek to be surrounded by intelligent and experienced people; are eager to learn about new businesses; think analytically and creatively; and wish to be active and contributing team members of deal teams.
We are keenly interested in individuals who possess strong interpersonal skills, have a track record of hard work, and have demonstrated outstanding academic performance and professional achievements. Our environment is heavily team-oriented, fast-paced, and entrepreneurial, where the Financial Analyst will be entrusted with as much responsibility as s/he can take on. You should be able to think on your feet, express ideas, be creative and enjoy an entrepreneurial setting working directly with experienced senior bankers. This is a career track role and those who are successful in the role will have the opportunity to grow with the firm and be promoted to Associate and beyond.
- Strong academic track record
- Bachelor’s degree (within past year), with strong Finance/Accounting coursework
- Up to 1 year of prior work experience (Finance, Accounting or Management Consulting ideal)
- Corporate finance and/or financial modeling experience preferred
- Proficient/skilled with MS Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- Highly organized with exceptional attention to detail and follow-through
- Team player with positive attitude, strong work ethic, and desire to learn
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, adapt quickly and manage multiple projects at once
- Engaging personality and ability to build relationships with colleagues and clients
- High integrity, maturity, and sound judgment
- Development of financial models/analyses
- Preparation of marketing materials for both investment banking and private equity deals
- Client meetings and presentations
- Support due diligence processes
- Preparation of marketing materials to support new business origination