Administrative Finance Apprenticeship
Introduction to ADC
American Discovery Capital (ADC) is a leading independent merchant banking firm based in Los Angeles.
- We provide M&A advisory and capital raising services to leading privately-held and publicly-traded middle-market companies across the country.
- We also make principal investments in leading family-owned and entrepreneur-led growth companies in the Application Software, Business/IT Services, FinTech, and Healthcare Services sectors through our private equity funds, American Discovery Capital Fund I and Fund II (currently being raised).
Our Partners bring decades of experience across multiple industries to our clients and portfolio companies, including as Global Heads of industry groups at bulge bracket investment banking firms (such as Moelis & Company, UBS, Merrill Lynch and DLJ); as private equity investors; and as C-level operating executives.
With over 400+ years of collective transaction experience, our Partners have led over $100 billion of M&A transactions and raised over $10 billion of growth capital. Since founding ADC five years ago, we have advised on over $6 billion of M&A volume and invested in six portfolio companies.
We offer competitive compensation, an opportunity to work in both investment banking and private equity, an exciting, fast-paced work environment, and direct exposure to our Senior Partners for your accelerated career development.
ADC is seeking local LA-based university students to assist us part-time in our professional office.
We are keenly interested in individuals who possess strong interpersonal skills, have a track record of hard work, and have demonstrated outstanding academic performance and professional achievements. Our environment is heavily team-oriented, fast-paced, and entrepreneurial. You should be able to think on your feet, express ideas, be creative and enjoy an entrepreneurial setting working directly with experienced senior bankers.
- Answering phones and receiving clients into our offices in a professional manner
- Setting up conference rooms for client meetings and daily lunches
- Light Word, Excel, PowerPoint tasks (some experience a plus)
- Assistance making travel arrangements
- Organizing company events
- Running office errands locally
The ideal candidates will be
- Outgoing and articulate
- Mature, but personable, easygoing and fun
- Eager to learn with strong attention to detail
- Interest in investment banking/M&A a plus, but not required
- Business School or pre-law experience a plus, but not required
- Able to work both during the school year and through the summer break (see below)
- Freshman, Sophomores and Juniors welcome (as we hope this is a multi-year position)
- Available to start immediately
What you get!
- A front-row seat to learn the investment banking/M&A world from industry veterans
- A guaranteed “leg-up” on fellow students if you seek a full-time job in Finance after graduation
- A serious, but fun and dynamic work environment
- Good pay, daily lunch, Uber travel costs to/from office, and somewhat flexible hours
- Possibly some down time where you can study quietly and still be paid!
- M-F ~10:00am to 2:00pm (somewhat flexible depending on ideal candidate’s class schedules, etc.)
We are seeking to hire 1-2 student Administrative Apprentices to each work part-time 10-20 hours per week. Ideally, you will know a friend who is also interested, such that if one of you ever had a scheduling conflict the other could seamlessly cover for you.